Submission of Abstract
Call for Abstracts is closed
We received an overwhelming response to the abstract submissions and we would like to thank all those who submitted abstracts for the 10th International Conference on Life Cycle Assessment of Food 2016 taking place in UCD, Dublin on 19th – 21st October 2016.
Those who submitted abstracts for the extended poster submission deadline will be notified in September of the review outcome.
All accepted authors will receive further details about their presentation (Oral/Poster) in September.
ThemesAbstracts can be submitted under the following themes:
(1) Impacts & Environmental Processes including specific environmental processes and services as addressed by LCA such as contributions on soil, biodiversity, ecosystem services, water and land use.
(2) Animals including animal products such as meat (beef, pigs, poultry and others), dairy, post-farm processing, the seafood sector and comparative studies looking at alternative protein sources.
(3) Human Interactions in the Food Chain will look at interaction with humans and human systems with contributions from crop systems (food, feed, fibre, energy), waste, processing, diet, nutrition, consumer and producer behaviour, and health and food innovation.
(4) Using LCA will address various aspect of how LCA is used, with contributions ranging from data, methods and tools, through socio-economic methods, to PEF, labelling and policy, but studies using complete LCA (whole chain, multi impact) are also most welcome.
(5) Miscellaneous: If you wish to make a contribution to the conference but do not think your work falls under the themes and topics identified, please submit your abstract as the selection policy will be quality focused rather than topic focused. The final programme will be defined once presentations have been selected from those submitted.
Submission ProcessThe submission of material for presentation is by a two-stage process.
Please submit a 2-page abstract. Please follow the instructions carefully and choose an appropriate theme. If you cannot see an obvious place for your contribution please submit under miscellaneous.
Page 1 of the submission should be all text detailing the objective of the work, methodological detail (particularly if deviation from standards and norms), main results of the study, and implications, meanings, conclusions that can be drawn from the data of the work you want to present. If your contribution does not fit this structure please adapt an appropriate structured style. There is no minimum word count but sufficient detail must be presented to allow review. No tables or figures should be included on page 1 of the abstract.
Page 2 should present key data that support your abstract. These can be in the form of figures or tables with captions (but the same data should not be repeated). Please include captions for all tables and figures.
If you are struggling with a data requirement to support your abstract please submit it as it will still be considered for acceptance.
The text should not exceed 1 page (12 point, 1.5 spaced, 2.54 cm margins all around). There should be no text other than captions on page 2.
Please click here to see a sample abstract template
Sample Abstract Template
Following review you will be informed by early September 2016 whether your contribution has been:
(i) Accepted for poster presentation
(ii) Not accepted
Submit your abstract through the online submission portal.
Submit your LCA abstract here
Accepted SubmissionsFor authors who have received notification of acceptance into the conference programme you are required to submit final documents based on your accepted presentation type.
Oral PresentationsIf your contribution has been accepted for an oral presentation you are required to submit a 4-8 page full paper for distribution in the conference proceedings. All oral presenters will be required to submit a full paper. You must submit the full paper by 31 May 2016. Instructions about where to submit will be sent to all presenters in their acceptance email.
The full papers will be reviewed to ensure your contribution is presented in the best possible manner. You will be contacted with reviewer responses by mid July 2016 with a final version to be submitted by 15 August 2016 for publication in the conference proceedings.
Please click here to download the full paper template.
Full Paper Template
Oral presentations will be 20 minutes which includes 5 minutes for Q&A. Further information will be sent to accepted oral presenters in September.
Poster PresentationsIf your submission has been accepted as a poster presentation please submit a revised final abstract in accordance to the abstract submission guidelines outlined above. You will need to submit the final abstract by 31 May 2016. Instructions about where to submit will be sent to all presenters in their acceptance email.
Please note that abstracts will not be accepted if the above guidelines are not adhered to. All submissions will only be accepted through the online submission portal, no other format will be accepted.
Abstracts must be in Word format only.
Poster Presentation Guidelines:
Poster presentations should follow the following guidelines:
- On arrival, ask at the registration desk for information on setting up your poster. All poster presenters must register and put their poster up in the allotted space.
- Posters should be A0 sized and presented in portrait orientation. At the registration desk you will be provided with adhesive to attach the poster to the board.
- The presenter for the poster should be available to provide a verbal explanation of their presentation and answer delegates’ questions at the designated time in the programme, to be announced soon.
Further information will be sent to accepted poster presenters in September.
Ask a question?If you have any queries or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Key DatesAdvanced Registration
1 October 2015
Call for Abstracts
1 October 2015
Early Registration Opens
1 October 2015
End Call for Abstracts
14 February 2016
Paper Submissions Deadline
31 May 2016
End Early Registration
30 June 2016
Revised Full Paper Deadline
30 August 2016
End Call for Poster Abstracts
15 August 2016
1 July 2016
19 -21 October 2016